Monday, September 2, 2013

Morning dance party and Umeboshi plum

“Gratitudes” – September 2, 2013
I’m so grateful for:
  1. Impromptu dance parties!
  2. Talking to my parents on the phone
  3. Vanilla hazelnut coffee
  4. Yoga pants
  5. Electricity
  6. Pausing to take a deep belly breath
  7. A breakfast that I really loved
                         (Rye bread, roasted garlic, homemade baked beans, green onion)

  1. Seeing the first leaves start to turn red on my favourite nature trail
  2. How Jasper cat stays in bed with me until I get up
  3. Comments on my last blog post (thank you! xoxo)
  4. Remembering how good it feels to stretch
  5. Hair elastics
  6. Green juice (my favourite blend: cucumber, celery, kale, ciltantro, lemon, garlic, jalapeno)

  1. New blooms on my houseplants
  2. Really good hand cream
  3. The hawk that hangs out in our neighbourhood
  4. Laundry change
  5. Motown instrumentals
  6. That moment when you finally find the pen you’ve been looking for
  7. A new jar of tahini
  8. Coloured Post-it notes
  9. Kitchen tongs
  10. This bunny picture that I saw on facebook:

   24. A comfortable couch
   25. Thumb drives
   26. The smell of garlic roasting in the oven
  1. A clean kitchen
  2. This long weekend
  3. Corn on the cob
  4. Umeboshi plum
I really, I mean REALLY, love umeboshi plum. When I was on a 30 day raw food retreat almost two years ago I missed it so much that I had a friend drive me an hour away, to another town, just so I could buy some. I feel really balanced when I include it in my diet. It replaces lost minerals and has been known to cure a hangover. Considered in macrobiotics to be the king of alkaline food, I like the salty/sour taste that it adds to grains, sushi rolls and especially the late summer gem that is corn on the cob. I’m a sucker for a salty/sweet combo and ume paste on corn on the cob does just that for me in a healthy way. Give it a shot!




No comments:

Post a Comment