“Gratitudes” – September 6, 2013
Today I’m grateful for:
- Public transit
- The sound of babies laughing
- Kensington Market
- Access to a public library
- Cold, clean, fresh water
- Ceiling fans
- It’s Friday!
- Kind customer service reps
- Going outside of my comfort zone and applying for a new job
- Two dogs coming to say hello while I was on my walk – they were so joyful!
- The smell of watermelon bubblegum (took me right back to my childhood)
- Homemade granola
- Baskets of new potatoes at the grocery store
- Smiling at strangers
- Reusable bags
- Learning that baking soda paste is magical for itchy bug bites (thanks AJ!)
- Being able to use the mouse with my left hand
- Seeing that fresh Ontario organic watermelon does exist, with seeds and everything
- The Toronto Vegetarian Festival!
- Buying vegetables and herbs that people picked from their home gardens
- Healing face cream
- Being able to only buy a few mushrooms at a time
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sharpie pens
- An ipod with a full battery
- Really good dish soap
- Hearing a woodpecker doing it’s thing
- Positive facebook updates
- This blog post about pizza bagels by Julie over at My Apologies For The Novel. (Thanks!)
I saw Julie’s blog post about pizza bagels when I woke up this morning and I really wished that I could have made them for breakfast! I thought about them all day and finally found myself at the grocery store looking for toppings. The stars aligned and bagels were on sale -- as many as you could fit into a paper bag for $2.99! I managed to squeeze in nine. Pizza bagel goodness ensued. I topped ours with sauce, FYH mozzarella, onion, olives, mushrooms and green pepper.
Happy Friday! :)