Friday, September 5, 2014

Food Festival Eve and Summer Eats

Happy Friday everyone!

It was really hot and humid in Toronto today and all I want to do right now is sit and watch How I Met Your Mother episodes in the air conditioning. I had curry noodles for supper and it was too dark to get a good picture so here are a few dishes I enjoyed on other hot days this summer.

Really amazing, juice-y watermelon.


Cucumber noodles, Brooklyn Deli Macaroni Salad from Veganomicon and Saucy Spicy-Sweet Tofu from Alien's Day Out. This tofu was actually the very first recipe that I ever made from a blog and it's been in regular rotation ever since.


Mixed green salad with cucumber, tomato, red radish, grated carrot, chickpeas, kimchi and gomasio.


The 30th annual Toronto Vegetarian Food festival started earlier today but I'm really looking forward to heading down there tomorrow. I want to check out all of the booths, eat lots of samples and see what's new, inspiring and exciting.

Hope your weekend is off to great start!

xo Elyse

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, nothing better than watermelon in the summer! The macaroni salad & tofu look really good, too! Hope you enjoy the festival! :)

    ReplyDelete