Monday, September 1, 2014

Raspberries and Possibilities




Happy Vegan Mofo sweet souls!

I feel kind of excited and overwhelmed and giddy all at the same time. I knew this was coming and yet still I managed to procrastinate all of the preparation until here I am later at night on Day One still wondering what to post and what potential theme I could choose. I want to do everything! I want to see what's in my fridge and at the back of my cupboard. I want to try new recipes. I want to discover new fruits and vegetables. I want to make beautiful, nourishing and yummy foods that make me feel happy and grateful and full of joy.


Raspberries and Iced White Tea with raspberry

If I had to pick one food that brings me the most joy it would be raspberries. Raspberries are my ultimate spirit food. I feel like a beautiful, barefoot goddess when I eat them. They remind me of my childhood, warm summer weather and cool summer breezes, visiting my Grandparents farm, laughing with my sister and of the lightest, fluffiest most raspberry-y dessert my Mom makes. The smell or the taste of raspberries immediately makes me smile and sigh with contentment.

What's your spirit food? Which food makes you smile the most?


sending you raspberry smiles and dreaming of possibilities,

xo Elyse

16 comments:

  1. Rice would be my spirit food. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rice is amazing! I find it really grounding and you can make so many different things with it.

      Delete
  2. Oh what a good question! I love so many foods but chocolate is my spirit food!

    From Kayleigh @ Deerly Beloved Bakery X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Vegan Mofo Elyse! Hard to choose, but maybe I would say peanut butter is my spirit food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mofo!! Raspberries remind me of my childhood too, I spent many a day crawling through the raspberry bushes in our garden and eating most of the raspberries! :)
    -Caitlin at The Vegan Word

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eating them right in the garden is the best! :)

      Delete
  5. So great to see you back & blogging for Vegan Mofo, Elyse! Raspberries are amazing; I'm not sure if I could pick just one food, but raspberries are surely a contender! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So great to connect with you again, Julie! :) I'm really looking forward to reading your blog this month.

      Delete
  6. Raspberries bring back many childhood memories for me too. However, if I were to pic a spirit food, it would probably be the versatile and starchy potato.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last few weeks I have been in love with the baskets of new, small potatoes that I've been seeing in stores. So many fried potatoes!

      Delete
  7. Happy Vegan MoFo! I'm going to try and blog hop off the blog roll a little each day and yours was towards the top!!!! Looking forward to your posts this month!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good question, I couldn't say mushrooms are my spirit food but I couldn't live without them. I'm addicted to them! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit scared to branch out from creminis. Suggestions? :)

      Delete