Monday, September 14, 2015

Macro Mix and Cucumber Snacks



I'm feeling kind of tired today so this is just a short post!

Here are some of my favourite snacks:


Shoyu toasted sunflower seeds and raisins.


I love the salty & sweet combo. I affectionately call this Macro Mix. I've taken several macrobiotic healing cooking classes and this snack stuck with me.

Simply toast the sunflower seeds on low heat, stirring gently, until they become fragrant and start to crack. Remove from heat, stir in 1tsp of shoyu/tamari or more to taste. Let cool, mix with dried raisins or apricots. I like to toast pumpkin seeds this way too.




I love cucumber! Sliced cucumber is one of my quick go to snacks when I come home starving. I usually have cucumber in the fridge so I just slice it and sprinkle with apple cider vinegar, sea salt, cayenne and black pepper.



It's quick and fresh and delicious.



Sweet bell peppers have been growing on me lately. I especially like them with this spicy curry dip from Fresh restaurants in Toronto that I can't quite figure out how to make for myself.

Hope your Monday has been full of love and possibilities,

Xo Elyse


No comments:

Post a Comment